· A majority of all registered voters (55%) say they will consider candidates’ views on global warming when deciding how to vote.More here and full report here.
· Among these climate change issue voters, large majorities believe global warming is happening and support action by the U.S. to reduce global warming, even if it has economic costs.
· Independents lean toward “climate action” and look more like Democrats than Republicans on the issue.
· A pro-climate action position wins votes among Democrats and Independents, and has little negative impact with Republican voters.
· Policies to reduce America’s dependence on fossil fuels and promote renewable energy are favored by a majority of registered voters across party lines.
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Climate political upside
If I were a political operative strategizing for a national campaign, I'd be very interested in this: