Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

David Frum's new gig

I'm glad to see my friend and sometime colleague David Frum returning to full-time and high-profile journalism as senior editor at The Atlantic. Here's a New York Times piece on the move, which mentions: "Between 2009 and 2012, he edited a group blog, FrumForum.com, dedicated to the reform and renewal of political conservatism." Let me say that participating in that project was one of the most rewarding (if not remunerative) experiences I've had in journalism. I'm sure David's work at The Atlantic will be probing, hard-hitting, worldly, clear-eyed, creative and prone to annoy a lot of people for good reasons. It's amusing to see some of the comments, at The Atlantic and elsewhere, dreading the appointment of such a "conservative" writer and seeming to have no clue about any of that "reform and renewal" stuff (also often blaming him for the Iraq War, as if he were, say, Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden).